When determining if fruits are superior to grains (refined or whole) ask yourself these questions:
- Do you put bread in a juicer?
- Are vitamin supplements made from popcorn?
- Does pasta grow on trees?
- Do you eat Spaghetti without the sauce?
- Why do pancakes need syrup?
- Why is there flavored oatmeal?
- Why isn’t there Rye scented lotion?
- Why does jam go on bread?
- Why do we crave dessert after a meal?
- Why aren’t there brown rice-flavored sports drinks?
- After a long hike in the dessert, would you rather have juicy fruit or toasted bread?
We have a sweet tooth for a reason. Eat fruit!
*If you’re going to eat fruit with other foods, make sure to eat the fruit first. Fruits digest faster and will ferment instead of digest if eaten on top of other foods. Fruit as “dessert” is a sure cause of gas. It’s not a fault of the fruit, but a fault of the consumer.